Exim Bank Tanzania Vacancy, June 2023
Exim Bank (Tanzania) (EBT), is a commercial bank in Tanzania, the second-largest economy in the East African Community. The bank is licensed by the Bank of Tanzania, which is the country's central bank and national banking regulator.
JOB TITLE: Agency Banking officer
REPORTING TO: Agency Banking Manager
DEPARTMENT: Retail- Alternative Channels & Digital Transformation
JOB LOCATION: Various
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday. 8:00am -5:00pm.
Saturdays 8:00am – 01:00pm. Additional hours as required workload
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To assist the bank to achieve its targets by optimizing distribution opportunities through building up and managing a high-quality agent network/portfolio around his/her branch vicinity.
1.1. SPECIFIC PURPOSE:
- Assist the bank in sourcing and growing retail agents
- Assist in activating and training bank’s agents after being approved
- Assist in managing good relationship between the bank and the established agents’ network attached to his/her branch.
- Monitoring Agency conduct, operations, and performance (Revenue and benefit realization) Supporting agents in their daily operations throughout the whole agent Life Cycle
- Assist in ensuring agents’ visibility/branding both external and internal
- First contact point in managing complaints/disputed originating from daily agents’ activities.
2.1 Managing Agent Network attached to the branch
- Facilitating first-contact meetings with potential Exim Wakala
- Searching, assessing, accepting and processing potential prospect agents’ applications to become Exim Wakala (Recruitment)
- Gathering and verifying all required documents from prospect agents’ applications
- Submitting the gathered documents and agent appraisal forms direct to Head Office for vetting and approval
- Follow up on contract signing between the approved agent and Exim bank and ensuring each branch agent is possessing a valid agency banking agreement
2.2 Activation and training of the Exim Agents
- Conduct first time activations and regular trainings to approved agents to ensure agents/agent users are able to provide Exim agency banking services
- Submitting to the agent on time all tools of trade which are provided by the bank immediately after agent’s approval eg: paper rolls, transaction slips, internal branding materials and all other materials supplied by the bank
2.3 Relationship management, regular monitoring of conduct, compliance, operations, and performance of the branch’s agent network
- Manage agents’ relationship and ensure complaints/disputes from agents or customers who got served through agents are sorted within set SLAs
- Ensure agents’ compliance to bank’s policies and procedures
- Build agents awareness and compliance with KYC, AML and CFT policies
- Monitoring agents’ activities through the Agency Banking Portal and conducting agents’ periodical monitoring visits to their business places/premises (Relationship Management).
- Reporting to Head Office all findings/market trends from the periodic monitoring visits of agents in his/her branch agent network
- Supporting agents in customer acquisition
- Push for agents’ transactions growth eventually revenue/deposit mobilization growth
- Arranging branch marketing campaigns/support around approved agent’s premises to assist creating customer base and boosting agents’ transactions through the use of a particular branch’s DSA pool.
2.4 Agents visibility and branding
- Ensure agents premises are branded (both internally and externally) properly by approved bank standards to ensure visibility by both existing and prospect bank customers
- Promoting and marketing Agency Banking Value Proposition.
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS:
- Internal: Branch staff, branch managers, relationship managers, Direct Sales Officers, Compliance team, Call center team and marketing team.
- External: Regular contact with aggregators and retail agents.
- Bachelor graduate or associate Diploma with relevant banking knowledge and experience (preferred minimum 1 year of sales experience)
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Customer relationship management skill.
- Carry out work in accordance with the bank’s procedures
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence
- Excellent communicator and motivator
- Positive attitude
- Inter-personal skills
- Hardworking and flexible individual
- Good Team player Confident and resilient Adaptability
- Ability to understand and meet customer needs.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of new practices, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the bank.
How to Apply
Please send your application to the link provided.
Application deadline:- 29th June 2023