Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Health and Safety Officer based at our operations in Rustenburg.
Compliance and training
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules, and regulations are adhered to
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas relating to health, safety, and welfare at work, including statutory training e.g. site Induction and medicals
- Ensure that the TEBA onboarding process is current (i.e. security screening, issuing of TEBA number, medical screening, and mine induction)
- Ensure Haul Road Driver’s and Mining licenses have been issued to drivers and are current
- Ensure Trackless Mining Machine (TMM) certificate is issued for all company vehicles used on the mine
- Responsible for consolidating and storing all health and safety information, as per site requirement, onto the system
- Responsible for updating the Health and Safety Files and ensuring it is current and approved
- Responsible for updating the site risk assessments and ensuring it is approved by all responsible stakeholders
- Providing (where needed) and ensuring all employees have received training on the risk assessments and that acknowledgments are signed, stored, and available
- Ensure compliance with all contractual SLA mine health and safety appointments (i.e. first aiders, health and safety representatives, 2.9.2 Supervisor appointments, Safety Officer appointment)
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business
Admin and relevant reporting
- Coordinate the development of health & safety systems of work and procedures.
- Attend all Health & Safety Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits, and checks.
- Provide regular reports to the Health and Safety Manager on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in monthly customer and company meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.